Yellow Level Quiz #21 – Past Perfect Continuous Tense (Click here) for the PDF version)
Directions: In each of these sentences and questions, put the verb in the form of the past perfect continuous tense.
1. Before he was a cook, Kevin _________ ____________ ____________ at a golf course as a caddy. (work)
2. Samantha __________ __________ ____________ on a big refund during tax season, but she didn’t get it. (count)
3. People in Minnesota __________ ___________ _____________ forward to the Vikings playing in the Superbowl, but they lost the final game in the playoffs. (look)
4. Maria divorced her husband, Phil, because he ___________ ___________ _____________ enough time with her. (spend– negative)
5. We __________ ___________ _____________ to move to California, but then we reconsidered our decision due to all of the natural disasters that haven taken place there over the last decade. (plan)
Directions: Choose between the present perfect continuous tense or the past perfect continuous tense.
1. Oscar ___________ __________ ____________ at the same restaurant for the last ten years. (work)
2. Daniel was fired last year because he ___________ ___________ ____________ from the company he worked for. (steal)
3. A construction company __________ ___________ ____________ land for a new office building. (clear)
4. Sara ___________ __________ ___________ sick until she visited the doctor. (feel)
5. David ___________ ___________ ____________ through cancer treatment before he died. (go)
6. Where __________ you ___________ ____________ in the last few years? (work)
7. The students at our school __________ __________ ____________ hard in preparation for exams. (study)
8. If he __________ __________ ___________ attention while driving, he would have hit the deer as it crossed the road. (pay — negative)
9. Olympic athletes __________ __________ _____________ for the upcoming games in South Korea. (train)
10. Bill was all sweaty when he arrived at the office because he __________ ____________ ____________ his bike. (ride)
Click here for the answers.