Word of the Day – December 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Watching a movie about space travel _________ Brian to become an astronaut.
2. You can’t _________ that the climate around the world is changing.
3. Scientists have a lot of ___________ about how the planet has evolved.
4. Bertha made cookies for everyone in class. That was very _________ of her.
5. The worker’s __________ cost the company a lot of money.
6. When we learned of the __________, everyone was in shock and disbelief.
7. Excuse me, __________. Is this your luggage?
8. Helen likes to lie __________ on her back when she sleeps.
9. _________ below the surface of the ocean there are some very strange-looking aquatic animals.
10. The parents were overcome with __________ when they learned that their son was killed in Afghanistan.
11. Jim hasn’t decided _________ what kind of car he’s going to buy.
12. Have they set a __________ for their wedding?
13. Everyone in the neighborhood __________ Wallace because he gives so much of his time and money to charity.
14. We need to find more ___________ in our garage for all of this stuff.
15. As a __________, you are always concerned about the health and safety of your children.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save