Word of the Day – February 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. What’s the __________ for the repair on the car?
2. I’d __________ to help you, but I’m busy right now.
3. After a strong thunderstorm swept through the area, half of the city’s residents were affected by a ___________.
4. The defendant was given a __________ 15-year sentence for his crimes.
5. The __________ waiter spilled soup all over the customer.
6. Shhhh! If you make to much noise, you’ll ___________ away the birds.
7. Whose ___________ of the story do you believe?
8. Ron has a lot of ___________ in his employees. He believes they’ll do a good job.
9. The ruins of this ___________ city tell us a lot about the way people used to live in this part of the world three thousand years ago.
10. Doesn’t she feel any __________ concerning the accident for which she’s responsible?
11. It’s not much __________ to go on a vacation by yourself.
12. You’re going to __________ your car if you don’t keep your eyes on the road.
13. Following a quick __________ in the lake, we all went out to dinner.
14. Denise felt a quick __________ on her line as she was fishing.
15. We lost our __________ after the storm.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save