Word of the Day – July 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Don’t __________. This isn’t funny!
2. The weather today is absolutely ___________. There isn’t a cloud in the sky.
3. The boy began to __________ when he felt a pain in his stomach.
4. This crossword puzzle is making me so __________! I can’t finish it.
5. The desk clerk got a call from a __________ who said he needed more towels.
6. There’s nothing like an ice-cold __________ on a hot summer day.
7. Kung Pao Chicken is a popular __________ in many Chinese restaurants.
8. Let’s __________ the meeting and go play some golf instead.
9. The kids were unable to __________ themselves from laughing when they saw the man trip and fall.
10. Darlene was fired because she didn’t work __________ enough.
11. Buying a house in an unstable market is a __________ of the dice.
12. There’s a towel on the __________ if you need one.
13. The boys decided to take a __________ behind the curtain to see what was there.
14. In a __________ position, Bob learned how to use Facebook for staying in touch with customers.
15. When cats __________, it might look like they are fighting, but they’re usually just playing.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. laugh ; 2. perfect; 3. moan; 4. crazy or insane; 5. guest; 6. beverage; 7.dish; 8. skip; 9. keep;
10. fast; 11. roll; 12. rack; 13. peek; 14. previous ; 15. wrestle
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save