Word of the Day – July 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Don’t __________. This isn’t funny!
2. The weather today is absolutely ___________. There isn’t a cloud in the sky.
3. The boy began to __________ when he felt a pain in his stomach.
4. This crossword puzzle is making me so __________! I can’t finish it.
5. The desk clerk got a call from a __________ who said he needed more towels.
6. There’s nothing like an ice-cold __________ on a hot summer day.
7. Kung Pao Chicken is a popular __________ in many Chinese restaurants.
8. Let’s __________ the meeting and go play some golf instead.
9. The kids were unable to __________ themselves from laughing when they saw the man trip and fall.
10. Darlene was fired because she didn’t work __________ enough.
11. Buying a house in an unstable market is a __________ of the dice.
12. There’s a towel on the __________ if you need one.
13. The boys decided to take a __________ behind the curtain to see what was there.
14. In a __________ position, Bob learned how to use Facebook for staying in touch with customers.
15. When cats __________, it might look like they are fighting, but they’re usually just playing.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save