Word of the Day – February 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. Wendy’s stomach began to __________ because she had skipped breakfast.
2. The laws of the __________ should not apply in a civilized society.
3. It’s important to properly __________ dough before it’s allowed to rise and then bake.
4. The students made a __________ out of the substitute teacher. It was hard to watch.
5. No one wanted to talk about the __________ in the room, but eventually the subject of money was raised.
6. Unable to __________ the pain of separation from his family, Tim got on a plane and traveled home.
7. Who let the __________ out of the bag? Now everyone knows our secret.
8. All of the women at work say that Thomas is a __________, but he’s married.
9. Let’s not go over this subject again. There’s no sense in beating a dead _________.
10. It’s in her ___________ to ask a lot of questions.
11. She’s __________ curious.
12. A pet is an ___________ that you keep inside your home
13. My grandfather says he won’t use a smart phone because you can’t teach an old __________ new tricks.
14. Ouch! Some kind of __________ just bit me.
15. Spring went out like a __________ last year with all of those snowstorms we had.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. growl; 2. jungle; 3. knead; 4. monkey; 5. elephant; 6. bear; 7. cat; 8. fox; 9. horse;
10. nature; 11. naturally; 12. animal; 13. dog; 14. insect; 15. lion
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save