Word of the Day – February 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Do you __________ how to play the piano?
2. The county requires that those wishing to get married have an __________ birth certificate–not a copy.
3. A bird in the pet shop broke free from its __________.
4. The U.S. ___________ tanked in 2008, and this had an effect on other nations.
5. Most professional performers have a tremendous amount of respect for their ___________.
6. You can’t __________ him do the work. He has to decide for himself to do it.
7. When the boy realized how much trouble he was in, he began to __________.
8. I prefer to talk about this with my better __________ before making a decision.
9. Cindy needs a new __________ of glasses because her old ones broke.
10. A __________ from the doctor explained Ed’s absence from work.
11. An open __________ that is not treated properly might become infected.
12. The supervisor will have to ___________ all the employees of changes to the work schedule.
13. The teachers at that school __________ students to work very hard for their grades.
14. The cashier didn’t have enough change to __________ a hundred dollar bill.
15. The city of Paris is __________ for its tourist attractions and cafes.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. know; 2. original; 3. cage; 4. economy; 5. audience; 6. make; 7. quiver; 8. half; 9. pair; 10. note; 11. wound; 12. inform;
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save