Word of the Day – February 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Do you __________ how to play the piano?
2. The county requires that those wishing to get married have an __________ birth certificate–not a copy.
3. A bird in the pet shop broke free from its __________.
4. The U.S. ___________ tanked in 2008, and this had an effect on other nations.
5. Most professional performers have a tremendous amount of respect for their ___________.
6. You can’t __________ him do the work. He has to decide for himself to do it.
7. When the boy realized how much trouble he was in, he began to __________.
8. I prefer to talk about this with my better __________ before making a decision.
9. Cindy needs a new __________ of glasses because her old ones broke.
10. A __________ from the doctor explained Ed’s absence from work.
11. An open __________ that is not treated properly might become infected.
12. The supervisor will have to ___________ all the employees of changes to the work schedule.
13. The teachers at that school __________ students to work very hard for their grades.
14. The cashier didn’t have enough change to __________ a hundred dollar bill.
15. The city of Paris is __________ for its tourist attractions and cafes.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save