Word of the Day – May 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. If you don’t ________ up your bike, it might get stolen.
2. The garage door opener is absolutely ________ without the battery.
3. It will cost a few __________ to buy new appliances for the kitchen.
4. This is a _________ problem which can easily be fixed.
5. How does the government _________ how much we owe in taxes?
6. Sheila believes a ________ is responsible for her run of bad luck.
7. You can hang your coat up on the ________ by the door.
8. Edgar was excited to announce that he made a new __________ at school today.
9. The misbehaving students decided not to __________ with the substitute teacher.
10. Oscar got down on one _________ and proposed marriage to his girlfriend.
11. We’ll need an ________ from the city before building a new house at this location.
12. The doctor said I could control my weight through diet and __________.
13. The _________ year usually begins in late August or early September.
14. The Nelsons bought a _________ table for their basement.
15. During the wedding reception, the best man made a _________ to the newly married couple, Oscar and Betty.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
by hand in your notebook to save