Word of the Day – November 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. When two people __________ and fall in love, sometimes they get married.
2. It’s necessary to __________ up water when it spills on the floor.
3. What kind of a __________ did you use to learn English so quickly?
4. Teenagers like to hang out at our local shopping __________ on the weekends.
5. Snow and ice won’t __________ if the temperature is below 32 degrees.
6. Sandra and Luis are hoping to qualify for a __________ to buy a house.
7. Don has been __________ the death of his girlfriend for the last year.
8. A bath __________ helps prevent a person from slipping a wet bathroom floor.
9. We took a walk in a cornfield as it was raining and our shoes got all full of __________.
10. The accounting department has a __________ amount of work that won’t get finished until next week.
11. They say that breakfast is the most important __________ of the day.
12. A person who knows how to __________ at a party is never bored.
13. It’s not polite to __________. Make yourself heard when you speak.
14. Without __________ or a lighter we won’t be able to start a fire.
15. An unruly __________ attacked the embassy and took everyone in there hostage.
16. Oil and water don’t really __________.
17. Squirrels got into our house through an open window and made a huge __________.
18. __________ technologies allow people to conduct business as they are traveling.
19. Americans have invested a lot of their personal wealth in the stock __________.
20. Don’t get __________. Get even.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. meet; 2. mop; 3. method; 4. mall; 5. melt; 6. mortgage; 7. mourning; 8. mat; 9. mud; 10. massive; 11. meal; 12. mingle; 13. mumble; 14. matches; 15. mob; 16. mix; 17. mess; 18. Mobile; 19. market; 20. mad
Here’s a printable PDF for this quiz.