Word of the Day – October 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. How much money do you __________?
2. Jim’s test score was the lowest in the class. All of the __________ students got higher scores.
3. Luis and Jorge played in a soccer __________ after school.
4. If we ___________ we’ll be able to catch the bus.
5. This coffee is way too ___________. I can’t even drink it.
6. You should never look ___________ on another person because of his or her occupation.
7. The police are keeping __________ of where Mustafa goes every day.
8. An ___________ was placed for three large pepperoni and sausage pizzas.
9. President Obama was really on __________ of things during the debate.
10. Does anyone know who these books ____________ to?
11. An accident on the highway created a big ____________ during the late afternoon commute.
12. You can keep your schoolwork organized in a ____________.
13. We should occasionally ____________ the ideas and motives of our leaders, but we should do so respectfully.
14. Belinda is ____________ for attention. She’ll do just about anything to get people to notice her.
15. Be careful! If you __________ those two chemicals, there will be an explosion.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. make; 2. other; 3. match; 4. hurry; 5. strong; 6. down; 7. track; 8. order; 9. top; 10. belong; 11. mess; 12. binder; 13. question; 14. desperate; 15. combine
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save