Word of the Day – October 2012 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. How much money do you __________?
2. Jim’s test score was the lowest in the class. All of the __________ students got higher scores.
3. Luis and Jorge played in a soccer __________ after school.
4. If we ___________ we’ll be able to catch the bus.
5. This coffee is way too ___________. I can’t even drink it.
6. You should never look ___________ on another person because of his or her occupation.
7. The police are keeping __________ of where Mustafa goes every day.
8. An ___________ was placed for three large pepperoni and sausage pizzas.
9. President Obama was really on __________ of things during the debate.
10. Does anyone know who these books ____________ to?
11. An accident on the highway created a big ____________ during the late afternoon commute.
12. You can keep your schoolwork organized in a ____________.
13. We should occasionally ____________ the ideas and motives of our leaders, but we should do so respectfully.
14. Belinda is ____________ for attention. She’ll do just about anything to get people to notice her.
15. Be careful! If you __________ those two chemicals, there will be an explosion.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save