Word of the Day – September 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. How much did you _________ the government last year in taxes?
2. _________. I think I made a mistake.
3. A sudden __________ in the rate of inflation raised prices for consumers.
4. Did you _________ the doctor about your stomach pains yet?
5. Maria knows how to __________ out ripe fruit when she goes grocery shopping.
6. Most people avoid driving during rush hour because traffic is such a __________.
7. Could you please __________ the door? Someone is knocking.
8. Whose __________ is it to make dinner tonight?
9. The team is obviously in a __________ after losing eight games straight.
10. Disney World offers __________ fun for the entire family.
11. Make sure the door is __________; otherwise, the cats might get out.
12. How much money did you __________ from the bank?
13. The repair bill for the car showed the cost for parts and __________.
14. If you need a jacket, I can __________ you one of mine.
15. The virus __________ quickly throughout the community and sent some people to the hospital.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save