Word of the Day – September 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. How much did you _________ the government last year in taxes?
2. _________. I think I made a mistake.
3. A sudden __________ in the rate of inflation raised prices for consumers.
4. Did you _________ the doctor about your stomach pains yet?
5. Maria knows how to __________ out ripe fruit when she goes grocery shopping.
6. Most people avoid driving during rush hour because traffic is such a __________.
7. Could you please __________ the door? Someone is knocking.
8. Whose __________ is it to make dinner tonight?
9. The team is obviously in a __________ after losing eight games straight.
10. Disney World offers __________ fun for the entire family.
11. Make sure the door is __________; otherwise, the cats might get out.
12. How much money did you __________ from the bank?
13. The repair bill for the car showed the cost for parts and __________.
14. If you need a jacket, I can __________ you one of mine.
15. The virus __________ quickly throughout the community and sent some people to the hospital.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. owe; 2. Whoops; 3. jump; 4. see; 5. pick; 6. hassle ; 7. answer; 8. turn ; 9. slump; 10. wholesome; 11. secure ; 12. borrow ;
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save