Word of the Day – August 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A __________ discovered planet outside our solar system is similar to that of Earth.
2. People who like to play sports usually lead an __________ lifestyle.
3. The Superbowl is the most-watched football __________ of the year.
4. What is your _________ of the U.S. presidential candidate, Donald Trump?
5. Rena was able to __________ the judges with her winning personality and bright smile.
6. How much __________ does a puppy need in the first year of its life?
7. Investors who want to make money fast __________ in technology stocks, but it’s risky.
8. I’ve got a __________ on my hand from working in the garden all day.
9. Immigrants in the United States usually stick together because they have so much in __________ and share many of the same interests.
10. TSA staff members have to __________ passengers in order to prevent them from bringing weapons on board airplanes.
11. A survey was given to employees in order to gather __________ on their preferences.
12. Our state fair is a ten-day __________ in August that attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors.
13. Harold isn’t in the __________ to go out tonight, so he’s going to stay home.
14. Turn off the __________ and go to bed!
15. It’s __________ that Pedro is bored because he’s yawning so much.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.