Word of the Day – October 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. A sudden __________ of wind blew over a table and some chairs.
2. A cat will __________ behind bushes and tall grass before going after its prey.
3. A mouse is usually easy __________ for a cat.
4. Do you like to ___________ with people you don’t know when you go to a party?
5. The police found __________ of foul play when they came upon the dead man’s body.
6. If you want to make a __________ on a house, you have to fill out a purchase agreement.
7. People who are successful know how to __________ in order to make money.
8. There’s an __________ investigation into the murder of a young woman whose husband is the main suspect.
9. Before signing a contract, it’s important to understand the __________ of the agreement.
10. We brought a bunch of garbage to the local __________.
11. Sheila gave her boss two weeks __________ before she left her job.
12. Donald Trump has accused the Democrats and the media of trying to __________ the U.S. election in November.
13. In the U.S. justice system, a __________ of one’s peers decide guilt or innocence during a trial.
14. Tom is absolutely __________ at one of his coworkers for taking his lunch from the refrigerator.
15. The ceremony will __________ with a song, and then everyone will leave.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Here’s a printable PDF for this quiz.