Word of the Day – September 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best verbs to complete each sentence. Put verbs into the passive voice and use verb tenses according to directions (in parentheses).
Example: We were temporarily blinded by the sunlight. (past tense)
1. The auditorium __________ __________ with spectators. (past tense)
2. This area _________ _________ _________ to allow for the construction of commercial buildings. (present continuous tense)
3. It seems as though gas prices __________ ___________ up higher right before a holiday. (present tense)
4. Sanctions on that country __________ __________ ___________ until it agrees not to build a nuclear weapon. (future tense, negative)
5. The tragic events of that day __________ _________ ___________ on videotape. (present perfect tense)
6. Do you think this medicine bottle __________ __________ incorrectly? (past tense)
7. It’s not fair __________ __________ __________ for your religious beliefs. (infinitive)
8. The lights __________ __________ __________ to save on electrical costs. (present continuous tense)
9. The area around your tooth __________ __________ __________ with novocaine before the dentist pulls it. (future tense)
10. The tree __________ ___________ in two by the strong winds. (past tense)
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. was packed ; 2. is being zoned ; 3. are jacked; 4. won’t be eased ; 5. have been captured ; 6. was labeled ; 7. to be harassed; 8. are being dimmed; 9. will be numbed; 10. was snapped
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save