Word of the Day – January 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. The suspect was able to _________ the police for a few hours before being caught.
2. Don’t ________ those two colors together.
3. Melvin felt a little _________ before his job interview.
4. Paulina felt as though she was getting a little too _________, so she went on a diet.
5. An __________ brother took care of his siblings when their parents died.
6. The prison can __________ up to 500 inmates.
7. Diana went to Los Angeles to find her __________ in the film industry.
8. Julio wasn’t familiar with the _________ used by his boss, so he failed to understand what she said.
9. Obesity may __________ to a wide range of health issues.
10. If you think you’re just going to __________ through college without any effort, you’re wrong.
11. __________ appliances are becoming more efficient in their use of energy.
12. A black, sticky substance began to __________ out of the machine.
13. Members who don’t __________ by the rules risk losing their membership.
14. When you go grocery shopping, please pick up a __________ of potato chips.
15. The __________ weather was so dangerous that the governor ordered all schools to close.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. dodge; 2. mix; 3. jittery; 4. chubby; 5. elder; 6. house; 7. niche; 8. idiom; 9. lead;
10. glide; 11. Kitchen; 12. ooze; 13. abide; 14. bag; 15. frigid
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save