Word of the Day – October 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Hundreds of thousands of people __________ to the United States each year in search of a better life.
2. Griselda chose a lovely floral __________ for a dress that she made for herself.
3. The performance went over __________ with the audience.
4. A good CEO should have a __________ sense of how to manage a large corporation.
5. The children were being __________, so their mother punished them.
6. __________ will grow very easily on bread when the weather is humid.
7. Vanessa parks her car in the same parking __________ every day.
8. It’s not always easy for immigrants to _________ the customs and traditions of the people whose country they moved to.
9. Rachel chose to __________ in New York because the city has many interesting places to visit.
10. Olivia and Maria can __________ on the phone for hours and hours.
11. The customer asked the waiter to return his food to the kitchen because there was a __________ in it.
12. The old, historic hotel has an ___________ lobby that astonishes visitors.
13. Dave is hoping he will __________ for a loan from the bank so that he can open a business.
14. The judge decided the car company was at ___________ for the accident because the brakes were not properly designed.
15. John was confident that he’d be able to borrow some money from his __________ man.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save