Word of the Day – December 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. Steve Jobs was a __________ in the tech industry.
2. Bob is looking for a truck with a __________ so that he can tow a trailer.
3. The teacher allowed the student an opportunity to __________ his absence from class.
4. Down by 40 points, there’s very little __________ that the team is going to win this game.
5. Beach houses in Malibu have a _________ view of the ocean.
6. A good thermometer can provide an __________ measurement of the temperature.
7. Some plants will make your skin __________ if you touch them.
8. Jamie has no ___________ to go to Disneyworld. She would rather go to Europe.
9. Tom isn’t home yet, and no one knows where he is. __________ he’s stuck in traffic.
10. A baby who is properly __________ed will be healthy and happy.
11. On the final __________ of the tour, the band will travel through Southeast Asia.
12. The zoo has a special __________ set up for children to pet baby animals.
13. You car will get better gas mileage if you change the air __________ regularly.
14. ___________ the performers at the event were a few well-known musicians.
15. A person who loses sight in one eye is a poor __________ of distances.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Here’s a printable PDF for this quiz.