Word of the Day – May 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. A bad job interview can ___________ a person’s self-confidence.
2. It’s hard to remain __________ when dealing with a serious illness.
3. Sophia is going to ask for a ___________ of absence from work to take care of a sick relative.
4. Asphalt is the material used to __________ roads and highways.
5. Few people like to spend much time with Isabel because she’s always so ____________ and critical.
6. Face recognition technology can ___________ through the photos on your computer or cell phone and identify individual people.
7. A lack of oxygen on board the plane caused passengers to ___________ for air.
8. People like to shop at a __________ because there are so many stores to choose from.
9. Most Americans have at least one credit __________ for making large and small purchases.
10. Drivers who don’t stay in their ___________ run the risk of getting into an accident.
11. Some areas of a dense ___________ remain dark even in the middle of the day.
12. It’s not a good ___________ to leave children unattended in a hot car.
13. The owners of the restaurant are using coupons to ___________ new customers.
14. __________, what’s up?
15. Very few people know that corn is a type of ____________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save