Word of the Day – Winter 2018 Quiz #67
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. Where do teenagers in your community usually __________ out?
2. Sarah’s parents said that they __________ to see better grades on her report card next semester.
3. It’s a terrible __________ to waste food that others could have eaten.
4. Have you heard the latest ___________ about what the woman down the street did to her husband?
5. There’s a big __________ of snow at the bottom of our driveway after the last snowstorm.
6. It’s absolute ___________ to say that global warming is a Chinese hoax.
7. The clothing that’s in ___________ now will probably go out of style a year from now.
8. Members of Congress are under an ___________ amount of pressure to cast votes in favor of the President’s proposal.
9. A medium size is too small for me. I’ll need a __________.
10. What does the ___________ by the side of the road say?
11. The man said that he didn’t __________ the woman sitting next to him, but she insists that he did and that he should be punished for it.
12. Everyone thought Nathan was honest and trustworthy, but eventually we discovered that he was nothing but a ___________ who lied and stole money from the company.
13. If you ever lose something to thieves, the police will help you ___________ your stuff.
14. Regina tries to ___________ her previous performance every time she sings.
15. The ___________ of the story is that you should treat others as you wish to be treated.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here for a printable version
of this quiz.