Word of the Day – November 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Your body’s __________ system is what helps prevent you from getting sick.
2. Most people keep __________ in a cabinet that is out of the reach of children.
3. A dentist is a doctor who specializes in __________ health care.
4. Tony can really hurt someone with one punch because his __________ are as hard as rocks.
5. Doctors always wash their hands with soap in order to kill any _________ that might be present.
6. When Sarah was in the hospital, there was always a __________ available 24 hours.
7. A doctor who specializes in pediatric care will only see __________ patients.
8. A regular nose __________ might be a symptom of a really serious health condition.
9. Lorena is going back to her home country to take care of an __________ relative.
10. The HIV virus can cause a __________ known as AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
11. A person who takes too much medicine overdoses. An overdose is sometimes __________.
12. ___________ is a condition that prevents people from doing what they want to do because they always feel tired.
13. A doctor uses a stethoscope to __________ the sounds made by the beating of your heart.
14. In case of an __________, it’s a good idea to keep a first-aid kit nearby.
15. You are responsible for maintaining and monitoring your own ___________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save