Word of the Day – July 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Jacob is from a large __________ of Amish farmers that goes back several generations.
2 – 3. Football, baseball, and hockey are sports typically played by __________; however, recently, an increasing number of __________ in the United States have shown an interest in these sports and now play them regularly.
4. George Washington is the __________ of our country.
5. Millie is thrilled to be an __________ for the first time after her sister had a baby.
6. After hearing a large explosions, a __________ gathered in the street to see what happened.
7. Mario lost both his mother and father in a car accident, so now he is living with a close __________.
8. The __________ of the country were upset with their leaders, so they revolted and threw out the politicians who were in charge.
9. An angry __________ of protestors stormed the government buildings and took control of the government.
10. Oscar has four siblings: three sisters and one __________.
11. Everyone admires James because he’s a kind-hearted __________ who takes care of his neighbors when they need help.
12. A little boy in the store cried uncontrollably when he lost track of his __________. Even after finding her, it took him some time to calm down.
13 – 14. Wine and beer can only be purchased by an __________ over the age of 21. A __________ is not permitted to buy them.
15. The voters in the United States have never had a chance to vote for a __________ as President until now.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.