Word of the Day – Winter 2019 Quiz #73
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. If you don’t study for a test, you might __________ it.
2. Ilham says she can’t go to work today because she has a __________ headache.
3. It’s the __________ of the company to prohibit any sort of discrimination on the job.
4. The __________ of the show introduced the guests and entertained the audience.
5. It’s uncomfortable to be in the presence of an adult who behaves in a __________ manner.
6. Randolph regards his short height as a __________ rather than a negative.
7. The floor of the bathroom that we’re remodeling will have ceramic ___________.
8. Omar has a __________ at getting the job he applied for.
9. Most people don’t __________ wine. They sip it.
10. Investigators discovered an important __________ that lead to the arrest of a suspect.
11. Todd lost his house and the custody of his children as a result of a __________ divorce.
12. A person who has the flu might feel dizzy and suddenly __________.
13. Sarah said she would __________ of embarrassment if she wore that ugly sweater to school.
14. Some say ___________ isn’t important in a marriage, but it helps keep people together.
15. When a store is really busy, you will probably have to wait in __________.
16. When temperatures fall way below zero Fahrenheit, ___________ becomes a concern.
17. Put the ___________ back onto the container so that the food stays fresh.
18. It takes determination and __________ to become successful.
19. __________ the dark colors from the light colors when washing your clothes.
20. A house located on the __________ of a popular lake is going to be expensive.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here for a printable
version of this quiz.