Word of the Day – December 2013 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best words to complete each sentence.
1. The __________ from the explosion could be felt miles away.
2. The singer chose songs that she hopes will __________ the audience.
3. _________ interviews are very helpful for someone who is preparing to look for a job.
4. Our neighbors across the street absolutely __________ their grandchildren.
5. It’s been such a __________ day, I haven’t even had time to eat lunch.
6. Getting a new job has given Dan a big __________ to his self-confidence.
7. Helen’s __________ husband left her with a large amount of money.
8. Is there anyone __________ who would like to go to the lake with us tomorrow?
9. Bertha gets a tremdous amount of __________ out of cooking for her family.
10. People who like to __________ baseball cards will pay a lot of money for rare cards.
11. What kind of a __________ did you get on your English test?
12. A butter __________ doesn’t do a very good job of cutting through steak.
13. If you __________ your duties at work, you might not have a job for very long.
14. A sudden __________ of lightning was followed moments later by a loud clap of thunder.
15. One group of people who are most likely to run for poltical __________ are lawyers.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save