Word of the Day – December 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. It took years and years for scientists to find a __________ for the disease.
2. The mother’s __________ touch from her hand comforted the baby and helped him go to sleep.
3. Snow and ice will __________ when the air temperature goes above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. The United States elects a president instead of a ___________ to govern the country
5. The owner of the company tries to keep his workers busy instead of allowing them to remain __________.
6. Edward bought a ring for his girlfriend at a __________ store.
7. Cindy takes a __________ instead of a shower because she likes to soak in the tub.
8. Most students at that school automatically __________ to the next grade, regardless of their test scores.
9. The __________ in her coat is a cotton and polyester blend.
10. Bertha was careful not to __________ anyone she works with when she sent out invitations to her party.
11. A good knowledge of __________ plants and animal species is necessary for anyone who manages a natural park reserve.
12. When the __________ on Ray’s tool box broke, all of his tools fell out.
13. Vanessa drove in the __________ direction of a storm that was approaching the area.
14. What’s the __________ between New York and Boston?
15. It’s going to take several months for John’s broken arm to __________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. cure; 2. gentle; 3. melt; 4. king; 5. idle; 6. jewelry; 7. bath; 8. advance; 9. fabric; 10. exclude; 11. native; 12. latch;
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save