Word of the Day – September 2015 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Becoming a parent is a __________ responsibility. You really have to be ready for it.
2. David showed his driver’s license to ________ that he was old enough to buy a beer.
3. With one big swing of his _________, the hitter was able to knock the ball out of the park.
4. Levis is well known for its production of blue __________.
5. Even a person who is obviously guilt of a crime is promised a ________ trial in the United States.
6. Jim says he’ll buy the car if the dealership can _________ the price by another thousand dollars.
7. The highway is closed today because it’s __________ construction.
8. Scientists have concluded that many of our ancient ancestors were ________ dwellers.
9. Jessica and her husband will need a large _________ of money to make a down payment on a house.
10. The government failed to ________ how difficult it would be to manage this problem.
11. If people don’t get enough water to drink, they will die of __________.
12. Most tools are made of ________ because it lasts longer than other materials.
13. The _________ thing to do is to help someone who desperately needs assistance.
14. The universe is so _________ it’s almost too hard to imagine the size of it.
15. Fashion models are often criticized because they look so __________.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save