Word of the Day – April 2014 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Completing the project in _________ produced a bad outcome.
2. Try not to __________ too much about your grades.
3. An emergency ___________ prepared everyone for the possibility of a tornado.
4. The teacher assigned a 500-page __________ to be read over the summer.
5. Why does she have such a negative ___________ about everything?
6. Peter feels __________ that he will do well on the test.
7. After a ___________ week of final exams, the students were glad to have a break.
8. Vanessa writes in her __________ every day in order to improve her writing.
9. It’s a good idea to ____________ your writing skills before you go to college.
10. The __________ of the investigation will be made public later today.
11. ___________ is the study of a word’s history.
12. It’s difficult to use a computer if you don’t know how to __________.
13. The police officer asked for the make and the __________ of the car involved in the crime.
14. A student shouldn’t __________ when it come to studying.
15. What time did the class __________ this morning?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here to print out this quiz.
Or…. your answers
by hand in your notebook to save