Word of the Day – June 2016 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question. Your options are in the box below:
1. Eloise said that she was going to __________ some friends over for dinner.
2. The play was a __________ and lost millions of dollars.
3. Whether or not Great Britain stays in the European Union will __________ on the will of the people.
4. You’re making a big __________ by not saving for retirement.
5. The man was called a __________ for running away from the conflict in his country.
6. Yuck! I stepped on some __________ on the sidewalk.
7. A person’s __________ is somewhat related to his or her behavior.
8. Nguyen and Hong want to go the __________ for a picnic.
9. Shoppers made a mad __________ for the heavily discounted merchandise as soon as the doors to the store opened.
10. Many parents feel compelled to __________ their children whenever there’s a tragedy that involves the fate of a child.
11. Walter always makes a point of locating the ___________ when he stays at a hotel.
12. There’s a ton of __________ that I need to delete from my inbox.
13. Be careful of what you __________ on the internet. Once it’s there, it might remain there for a very long time.
14. I had to __________ underneath my car to locate an oil leak.
15. In order to __________ the effects of global climate change, the United States and other industrialized countries will have to dramatically reduce the production of greenhouse gases.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. have; 2. flop; 3. hinge; 4. mistake; 5. coward; 6. gum; 7. fate; 8. park; 9. dash;
10. hug; 11. exit; 12. spam; 13. post; 14. crawl; 15. reverse