Word of the Day – January 2017 Quiz
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. I have something very __________ to say.
2. Mexico is located __________ of Central America.
3. The teacher went off on a __________ when he learned that no one did the homework assignment.
4. New York is on the __________ coast of the United States.
5. Travelers on long-distance flights often __________ off in their seats.
6. Law enforcement officials in the United States take consumer __________ very seriously.
7. It’s necessary to __________ for an exam.
8. George forgot to bring his book to class, so the teacher lent him __________ one.
9. A tightly sealed __________ is a good place to store perishable food.
10. The man’s bravery __________ him his life.
11. A __________ of cookies is cooling on a rack on the table.
12. A penthouse apartment in a high-rise building is a __________ most people can’t afford.
13. Protesters in the street expressed their __________ over the government’s handling of the economy.
14. Champagne was poured in celebration of the __________ occasion.
15. If you have a head for __________, you might make a good accountant.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Here’s a printable PDF for this quiz.