Word of the Day – Summer 2018 Quiz #71
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. If meat is cooked on a grill for too long, it becomes __________.
2. Yolanda says she going to __________ with two other girls at a dorm when she goes away to college this fall.
3. A person who is disobedient will not __________.
4. The teacher told the two boy to __________ because they were making too much noise.
5. "Home sweet __________" is an expression many Americans use to refer to the place where they live.
6. During the summer, many people hit the __________ because flying is such a hassle.
7. George went to jail because of his involvement in a million-dollar ___________.
8. It’s necessary to eat fresh food before it ___________s.
9. When speaking to voters, politicians often make ___________ promises that they later can’t keep.
10. The price of __________ goes up and down according to supply and demand.
11. Jeff wants to put an ___________ onto his house because he has a growing family.
12. It took the state three years to ___________ the road-building project.
13. It’s hard to believe the amount of ___________ that can accumulate in a house that is never cleaned.
14. There’s no __________ in building a house in an area that experiences constant flooding.
15. Once Rachel got her foot in the __________ at a large corporation, she was able to work her way up the ladder to a job that paid her well.
16. The sales clerk told the customer to wait a ___________ before helping her.
17. A judge sent a man to jail because he was trying to ___________ with a criminal investigation.
18. Bing cherries are on ___________ this week at $1.99 a pound.
19. ___________ are a very popular form of meat for grilling during the summer.
20. The English teacher asked the students to write about the ___________ idea found in the poem.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Answers: 1. dry; 2. room; 3. behave; 4. hush; 5. home; 6. road; 7. scam; 8. expire;
9. phony; 10. gold; 11. addition; 12. complete; 13. filth; 14. point; 15. door; 16. second;
17. interfere; 18. special; 19. Ribs; 20. main
Click here for a printable version of this quiz.