Word of the Day – Fall 2018 Quiz #72
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. My cherry tree died, so I had to __________ it down.
2. A person who is looking for a new job might have to write a __________.
3. If human beings are to have any kind of future, they will have to __________ the environment.
4. It’s a __________ that so many people were fooled into voting for the President.
5. Sandra didn’t want to __________ her teacher with a lot of questions, so she remained silent.
6. The little girl tried not to __________ any of the water as she brought the bucket up the hill.
7. A divorce can tear a family __________.
8. The internet is not a good place to tell the world about your __________ problems.
9. Jose said that he would __________ the restaurant to his friends after eating the delicious tamales.
10. __________ people have to be careful when passing through short doorways.
11. Jessica was unable to go to work because she had a __________ headache.
12. Joyful partygoers said they were had a __________ at last night’s gala.
13. It’s better to have knowledge than to remain __________ about important global issues.
14. Parts of California need ___________ relief following the devastating fires that wiped out thousands of homes.
15. A __________ taken of eligible voters indicated who might win the next election.
16. Tommy had a happy __________ on his face as he ate his ice cream cone.
17. The students tried to play __________ when the teacher asked who took his chalk.
18. The students who took the chalk played a __________ on the teacher.
19. A __________ full of alligators is not a safe place to be.
20. When I was a little boy, my mother washed my __________ out with soap whenever I used dirty words.
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here for a printable version of this quiz.