Word of the Day – Summer 2019 Quiz #74
Directions: Choose the best word to complete each sentence or question.
1. It’s hard to remember things I did in my early childhood. It’s all a __________.
2. Corn is an important __________ in the midwestern states.
3. Jerome is starting to __________ off at work, but he doesn’t care if he loses his job.
4. George and Beth say they feel all dirty and __________ after a weekend of camping outside.
5. Some people don’t really __________ the advantages and privileges that they have.
6. A light __________ in the sky this morning turned the sun orange.
7. Everyone at the party is sitting on the __________ enjoying the warm summer air.
8. Getting a new driver’s license is a necessary __________ few people like to take care of.
9. Employees at that company are required to wear a __________ that shows who they are.
10. My children would __________ to me when they were toddlers.
11. Marianne wants to throw out a bunch of __________ that’s in her garage.
12. The __________ showed up quickly when there was a report of disturbance.
13. Sorry for being such a __________. I forgot we had a meeting today.
14. Anthony tried to __________ into the classroom, but the teacher caught him and gave him a tardy.
15. __________ is a game of strategy, so players can’t rely much on luck to win.
16. Isabel had to __________ batteries from another mouse becase her batteries were bad.
17. Don’t fall for any __________ that involves giving away personal information.
18. Kevin played drums in a rock __________ in college.
19. Our _________ needs to be weeded because it’s full of weeds.
20. How long did it take Edison to __________ the light bulb?
Click here to go to the Word of the Day page.
Click here for a printable
version of this quiz.